Advertisement

in the 12th house

topic posted Tue, June 14, 2005 - 5:56 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I have Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th house. Here some notes from "The Astrological Neptune and the Quest for Redemption" by Liz Greene....

An inclination toward retreat, reverie and mysticism is what we might expect when the individual experiences the primal longing unadulterated by any surrogate. The gift of receptivity to such powerful redemptive images is also the gift of the artist. Commitment to a religious or spiritual path may offer consolation to Neptune's melancholy and world-weariness, and may provide a means of redeeming not only one's own loneliness but the victims of the past. Neptune in the 12th may shoulder the burden of redeeming family sin and unhappiness, and is particularly prone to identification with the suffering saviour. For this reason, the individual with Neptune in the 12th, if unconscious and unformed, may become a scapegoat or vessel for family conflicts which go back over many generations. Certain forms of mental and physical disintegration, which embody an accrued family background of misery and difficulty, may be connected to Neptune in the 12th if the individual cannot contain his or her inner experiences. It is in this context that we may link drug addiction to this placement of the planet."

"The line between Neptune in the 12th as visionary, artist, and healer, and Neptune in the 12th as addict, invalid or psychotic, is very fluid. Neptune placed in this house teaches us a good deal about our extremely limited and sometimes downright stupid definitions of sanity. The mystical or "oceanic" peak experience is not uncommon with Neptune in the 12th, and it can be redemptive and life-enhancing. Yet the individual may be so overwhelmed that he or she identifies utterly with being God's mouthpiece. This may, in certain contexts, be appropriate; Neptune in the 12th is more likely than most to recognise the essential divinity in the whole of life. It is only when primary narcissism dominates the stage, and no one else is granted the same status, that we may begin to worry. Neptune's apparent madness may be eminently sane, although attuned to the inner rather than the outer world. But there are some individuals with Neptune in the 12th, particularly if it forms stressful aspects with important personal planets, who are unable to maintain their boundaries against the flooding of the collective psyche. They may act out the traditional meaning of the 12th house, and spend their lives permanently or intermittently confined."
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: in the 12th house

Tue, June 14, 2005 - 6:11 PM
    or, taken from the astrology tribe:

Neptune:
    How one seeks to connect with the Collective Feeling.
    Universal love.
    Imagining.
    Dreaming.
    Spiritual urge and need for unity.
    Transcendent Freedom.
    Urge to escape limitations.
    Living an ideal.
    Global compassion.
    Mystery. Mystic.
    Deception. Illusion.
    Drugs. Alcohol.
    The Dissolver.
    The Dreamer.

12th house:
    Karma & Spiritual Path
    Transcendence.
    Spiritual Life.
    Solitude.
    Search for unity and divinity.
    Subconscious mind.
    Hidden resources.
    Hidden problems.
    Social responsibility
    House of secrets.
    Self undoing.
    Sacrifice.
    Challenge is explore inward, discern, let go, and grow.
    Transcending

Sagittarius:
    Sagittarius is idealistic, optimistic, freedom-loving, casual, friendly, buoyant, gregarious, enthusiastic, philosophical, studious, farseeing, direct, outspoken, honest, loyal, restless and loves travel.
  • FJ
    FJ
    offline 6

Re: in the 12th house

Sun, August 14, 2005 - 9:38 PM
    Kinda like having a BLEEDING SOUL, eh Ewan? Is that a good description? I have the same exact placement as you, albeit about 8 or 9 years older than you. I used to have the same freaky troubled eyes as you, too.
    My Neptune is also conjunct my Ascendant, so it gets some expression. I like what you said about "redeeming family sin". From my own experience, I prefer to think about it as "breaking the family curse". My family is not sinful, but oh BOY are they cursed with some bad emotional habits. As each older generation dies off, the family seems to break up more and everyone becomes more independent. It might seem sad, but I think it is maybe a GOOD thing. It is truly the DISSOLVING-action which is associated with Neptune.
    I also know what you mean by "Neptune's world-weariness". I have become more resolute about my purpose in life, and comfortable with it...but I used to feel (as a younger guy!) that I have been here before, and now I am so tired...and I just want go back to the Cosmos. Unfortunately, just one last spiritual mission which MUST be addressed...and then POOF! Back to God's pool of mass conciousness forever.

Recent topics in "Neptune in Sagittarius"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Neptune in saggita in 6th house Aparna 0 October 9, 2012
neptune in the 7th (various authors) Unsubscribed 2 October 15, 2010
Neptune in the 7th Songbird 22 October 15, 2010
Neptune in 3rd Liliana 4 September 7, 2010